Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer? Simmer? What?

I am OFFICIALLY wondering where is SUMMER and wondering if we have in fact OFFICIALLY entered our second winter... You with me on this? It is a balmy 55* outside and I am craving the sun. My body wants blissful melatonin and sunny vitamin D. I want to dance and go on endless summer drives, be bopping down the road listening to a absolutely perfect compilation of summer tunes. Yeah, I can do that now, but most would agree it is not complete without some rays of sun... Completely befuddled, ying and yang are tossed together like a giant piles of playdoh, colors mis-mashing. It is not time to cook casseroles or stew and soups, rather uber snazzy BBQ's and DELISH salads. Yeah, I want it all, I have no shame in admitting it. Mother Nature, a little love and some sun... Pretty Please? 

4 comments:

Honeycutt said...

Ugh!! I am so with you on this! We are in the mood for everything summer but are experiencing anything but!! So lame that we finished up our yard over two weeks ago and have yet to sit out and really enjoy it:(

Let's pray for SUN!!!

-Sally

Honeycutt's said...

I am sitting here, staring out the window and it is POURING cats and dogs. GRRR. Frustrating, the only positive I see it has stymied the weeds growing in our "organic backyard"... By the way, we can't wait to see your garden!

Honeycutt said...

So tired of rain!!

You guys need to come down and check it out soon! At least Jeff's party is right around the corner...

-Sal

Honeycutt's said...

WOOT! I can't wait to party like it's 1999... hehe... super cheesy - but it will be a blast!