Friday, June 06, 2008

Self inflicted Clutter!

Ok, CLUTTER! CLUTTER! CLUTTER! With kids there comes and endless array of clutter - self inflicted clutter - the toys, books and clothes you purchase for the kiddos. Which in turn the clothes become the never ending pile of laundry. Which in turn the toys become the never ending piles of cars, trains, frogs, animals and what nots floating around the house, that ever so gently stroke a raw nerve ending. Self inflicted is what I say - I brought this into the house I can surely keep up with it and take it out right? HAHA! 
Elliott, Erik and I have spent most of the morning in their rooms cleaning and organizing and in between all the cleaning and organizing - doing four loads of laundry, which the older kids will be folding as a chore tonight... there will probably be another four loads of laundry between now and then too - which will amount to this massive pile of clean clothes, which I will hope will magically find its way to each owners respective dressers, hangers, closets and drawers. Can I pray to a saint for this to happen? 
Now the toys bit, I love to play just as much as the next adult... oops I mean kid - so when it comes time to one in one out - I have a hard time with it. The whole idea of bring home a new toy and removing or donating one that has seen it's turn around the block a time or two is somewhat challenging for me. Am I a closet pack rat? I hope not. I love the feeling of purging, but can never seem be happy with empty space, and what not better to do with empty space but FILL IT! Once again, self infliction at it's best. The endless array of every rotating clutter. Mr Potato Head, I have seen you come around a time or two - but as Indian Jones? That is quite possibly the best one yet! It's on the to buy list... What toy will leave the house for his arrival? Probably notta - Erik still hasn't played with half the toys here! Self infliction...


No comments: